Safe Holiday Travel TipsLowell Corporation
At Lowell Corporation we love providing the tools that allow the auto body shops to repair your cars in case of an accident but we want everyone to stay safe while traveling this holiday season. The holiday season is a time of joy and fun family gatherings, to make sure that your travels are less stressful we have a list of safe driving tips.
- Make sure your care is ready to travel. Whether is a trip across town or a trip across state lines, you should make sure your car is ready for winter weather with a good tune up and a full tank of gas.
- Have the proper tires for winter conditions. In icy and snowy conditions good winter tires can make all the difference. A set of good winter tires will help you avoid getting stuck and keep your vehicle on with the road.
- Prepare a winter emergency roadside kit for your car. Just in case you were to end up stuck in deep snow or your car broke down it is important to have blankets and materials to last until help arrives as well as simple equipment that may be able to fix small repairs.
- Plan ahead. Traffic can be extremely heavy during the holiday times. You should always plan to stay late or leave early to avoid traffic jams. Also keep an eye on traffic reports to help avoid crowded highways and roads that have yet to be cleared of ice and snow.
- Be ready and alert while driving. If you are tiered, detracted, or have had a few drinks it is always a good decision not to get behind the wheel. If you plan on having a few drinks it is always a good decision to have a designated driver.
These tips should help minimize stress, while keeping you and your family safe on the road. In addition, the National Safety Council has many general safety tips. This holiday season Lowell Corp wants you to enjoy time with friends and family while having safe travels to and from.